Guide to Responsible Gambling
Gambling responsibly is an important topic. From understanding to how gambling can affect you – to recognizing you have a gambling problem. On this page, we’ll give you all the resources you need.
If you want to talk to someone, contact Gordon Moody / Gambling Therapy 24/7 in any language.
While Gordon Moody / Gambling Therapy offers 24/7 in any language, there are also many great local organizations. Here’s a list of organizations that help with gambling (related) problems:
- GamCare (UK)
- BeGambleAware (UK)
- Responsible Gambling Foundation (Malta)
- Gambling Help Online (Australia)
- South African Responsible Gambling Foundation (South Africa)
- National Council on Problem Gambling (USA)
What you need to know
about Responsible Gambling
It’s not always easy to see you have a problem. Here’s a couple of things to keep in mind.
- Set Time Limits – use your phone and set a timer; time flies when you’re having fun
- Play with a Budget – don’t play what you can’t afford to lose
- Remain Mindful – No matter what, the odds are always in the favour of the house
- Take Self-Assessment Tests – just to check and keep it real
- Stay Health – Stay Safe – Alcohol, drugs and gambling don’t mix well
- Self-Exclusion – if it all becomes too much, self-exclude and make it impossible to play